Unity Game Developer (Mini Game Prototype focus)
SMG is looking for an experienced Unity game developer that wants to make awesome games across multiple platforms with strong prototyping strengths.
You must have an existing portfolio of games or prototypes you've already made to be considered for this position.
If you are junior or a recent grad please see our other job ad. Do not apply to both positions.
You'll work as part of a team on a large project but a focus on the top of the funnel fun, unique, interesting game mechanics and ideas.
This can be a fulltime position or we'll work with the best part time. It's more about the output than the hours.
Who you are: a developer or game designer who loves making new things and can smell ‘fun’ from a nautical mile away. You can whip a prototype up and test an idea early and are comfortable in working in a collaborative idea space where constructive feedback is an important part of the creative process.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile IP as well as original IP.
What you will do
- Create game prototypes (original ideas, and from briefs) to test gameplay ideas and mechanics.
- Work as part of a team on larger game projects.
- A rapid prototyping mentality with a portfolio that demonstrates your prototyping savvy
- Solid C# (Unity3D)
- A rich understanding of game design principles and player experience.
- Interest in any form of multiplayer.
What we're looking for:
- A keen sense of game design.
- A keen sense of gameplay mechanics.
- Passion for game feel.
- An eye for motion.
- A passion for focused game design / innovative ideas
- A team-player looking to collaborate and share
- Ambitious use and embrace of new technologies
- A passion for constantly making things better and mastering your craft.
- Great work ethics, and a problem solving attitude.
- Diligent and respectful.
We're a tight and experienced team from all around the world from Russia, Finland, Mexico, Brazil, France, Italy, UK, USA, Germany and even NZ!
Perks & Benefits:
- Remuneration based on experience
- 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years
- Increased paid primary carer's leave from 12 weeks to 16 weeks
- Superannuation is paid on any unpaid leave (up to 52 weeks)
- Increased paid secondary carer's leave from 2 weeks to 4 weeks
- Learning workshops across a variety of topics (Project Management, Resilience & Stress Management and Time Management)
- Flexibility to work from home anywhere in the world (we are 90% WFH now) or office in Sydney or Melbourne
- The team operates in the Sydney Timezone and we would require at least 2hrs crossover to make this feasible.
- One day a year paid charity volunteer day (One Day for Change)
- Employees can apply for seven short winter/summer days per year
- Free counselling . Employee Assistance Program, 24 hours | 7 days.
- Health insurance discounts from Medibank Private (AU only)
- Vehicle discounts. Discounts from BMW, Mini, Jaguar and Land Rover (AU only)
- Novated lease available for new cars (AU only)
If you're on top of your game (or would like to be), care about your work, want to work with like minded people then let's talk.
Please send through samples of your work so we can play (ideally with videos to preview)
Applications without games to play test/watch will be ignored.
A few tips to help make your application stronger:
- No google drive/zips to download. itch.io or Steam = ideal.
- Existing working games/prototypes to play/see is a priority. This is not work we expect you to do just for this application
- Code samples will be requested if you make the shortlist
- With limited time to review please keep it short and snappy
People from diverse backgrounds or those from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.