SMG is looking for an experienced Unity game developer that wants to make awesome games across multiple platforms.
You must have a shipped a title (any platform) to be considered for this position.
If you are mid, junior or a recent grad please see our other job ad. Do not apply to both positions.
You'll work as a team on larger game projects and help deliver projects to completion.
Our games: SP!NG, No Way Home, Moving Out, RISK, Death Squared, Thumb Drift, OTTTD, One More Line & One More Dash
Our Showreel or go behind the scenes of the studio.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile IP as well as original IP.
What you will do
- Take ownership of key game features and organise units of work with team members
- Be responsible for outlining, programming, and testing game features across multiple projects
- Create game prototypes, work as a team on larger game projects, update and improve existing projects and help drive all projects to completion.
- Play an active role in performance testing and optimisation across target device platforms
- Work on high-profile client IP as well as original IP.
- Maintain coding standards to achieve efficiency in maintenance and portability.
- GIT management and supporting team members across projects
- Collaborate on improving code standards and best practices by sharing and reviewing work.
- Manage yourself independently, working effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain and strive for the highest production quality possible.
- A rapid prototyping mentality, and showable portfolio demonstrating this
- Demonstrated mastery of C# (Unity3D) with strong coding standards.
- A rich understanding of game design principles and player experience
- Experience in GIT version-control software
- Ability to work in a team and develop re-usable commented code.
- Deep understanding of Unity UI
- Experience in GIT version-control software.
Nice to haves
- Experience profiling and building for performance.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling / lighting / UV-mapping / texturing.
- Solid working knowledge of Photoshop for extracting designs from PSD files into Unity.
What we're looking for:
- A keen sense of game design
- A keen sense of gameplay mechanics
- An eye for motion,
- Solid maths & physics
- A keen eye for polish, detail and performance
- A passion for focused game design / innovative ideas
- A team-player looking to collaborate and share
- Ambitious use and embrace of new technologies
- A passion for constantly making things better and mastering your craft.
- Great work ethics, and a problem solving attitude.
- Diligent and respectful.
We're a tight and experienced team from all around the world from Russia, Finland, Mexico, Brazil, France, Italy, UK, USA, Germany and even NZ!
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years
- Increased paid primary carer's leave from 12 weeks to 16 weeks
- Superannuation is paid on any unpaid leave (up to 52 weeks)
- Increased paid secondary carer's leave from 2 weeks to 4 weeks
- Learning workshops across a variety of topics (Project Management, Resilience & Stress Management and Time Management)
- Flexibility to work from home anywhere in the world (we are 90% WFH now) or office in Sydney or Melbourne
- The team operates in the Sydney Timezone and we would require at least 2hrs crossover to make this feasible.
- One day a year paid charity volunteer day (One Day for Change)
- Employees can apply for seven short winter/summer days per year
- Free counselling . Employee Assistance Program, 24 hours | 7 days.
- Health insurance discounts from Medibank Private (AU only)
- Vehicle discounts. Discounts from BMW, Mini, Jaguar and Land Rover (AU only)
- Novated lease available for new cars (AU only)
If you're on top of your game (or would like to be), care about your work, want to work with like minded people then let's talk.
Please send through samples of your work so we can play (ideally with videos to preview)
Applications without games to play test/watch will be ignored.
A few tips to help make your application stronger:
- No google drive/zips to download
- Working games/prototypes to play/see is a priority
- Code samples will be requested if you make the shortlist
- With limited time to review please keep it short and snappy
People from diverse backgrounds or those from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.