Mid-Senior Producer / Project Manager
SMG Studio is expanding and looking for an experienced game producer.
(Updated for Aug 2022)
We'll be running this project out of the Sydney studio, however we're mostly working from home, so this can be done remotely. Although for this role we will require a large crossover (6hrs) on Sydney's timezone 9.30am-6pm)
You'll be working across our portfolio of titles but released and upcoming with other producers/project managers.
This is a role where you will make a difference and you'll be able to have a sense of ownership and pride in the output of the studio.
Our eclectic mix of games (Moving Out, SP!NG, No Way Home, RISK, Thumb Drift, Death Squared, OTTTD, One More Line and One More Dash) showcase how we don't like to rest on our laurels.
We enjoy making unique, mechanically driven titles that are fun for everyone to play.
- Highly organised.
- Work well as a team.
- Have an eye for quality with the intent on making things better.
- A good listener and can communicate ideas and opinions and explain complex systems in a clear and concise manner.
- A problem solver and strategic thinker.
- Someone who gets stuff done with limited oversight.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and passion for games. Mobile games, console games, even board games.
- Someone who knows how to wrangle a spreadsheet (asset pipeline, production co-ordination, analytics analytics etc) for the forces of good
- Someone who can manage multiple tasks with ease.
- Someone who makes themselves indispensable.
- Humble and level headed with a sense of humour.
- Australian permanent resident. (We will consider those who require a 457/TSS VISA but this requires someone special)
Bonus points for any of the following;
- Experience working in digital agency, ecommerce or other tech company (The founder are all ex-digital advertising agency)
- Experience using Jira or Slack.
- A score of over 100 in One More Line.
- Experience coding, writing, 3D, photography or any creative field.
- An interest in boardgames
- Prior employment at a large or small game developer
- Worked on the development & deployment of a console title (Switch, Xbox, Playstation)
- Worked on the development & deployment of a Steam title.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Creating and managing production schedules across existing titles and prototypes
- Managing daily/weekly WIPs
- Documenting the outcomes of meetings and allocating and enforcing actions on the team.
- Organise and document beta testing rounds both local and remotely.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remuneration based on experience
- 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years (start with 4 weeks. This is fair work law in Australia but sometimes people dont realise)
- 10 days sick/carer's leave (everyone is entitled to this by law but adding here as some countries dont have this which is silly)
- Increased paid primary carer's leave from 12 weeks to 16 weeks
- Superannuation is paid on any unpaid leave (up to 52 weeks)
- Increased paid secondary carer's leave from 2 weeks to 4 weeks
- Learning workshops across a variety of topics (Project Management, Resilience & Stress Management and Time Management)
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- One day a year paid charity volunteer day (One Day for Change)
- Employees can apply for seven short winter/summer days per year
- Free counselling . Employee Assistance Program, 24 hours | 7 days.
- Health insurance discounts from Medibank Private
- Vehicle discounts. Discounts from BMW, Mini, Jaguar, Land Rover.
- Novated lease available for new cars
If you're on top of your game (or would like to be), care about your work, then let's talk.
Diverse, under-represented people encouraged to apply. We're happy to supply feedback on application if you request it.