SMG Studio's is expanding and looking for an experienced game producer.
You'll be working on new unannounced console title [Redacted: The Redactening] with other senior producers or across our existing portfolio of RISK, SP!NG, No Way Home, Moving Out.
These are roles where you will make a difference and you'll be able to have a sense of ownership and pride in the output of the studio.
Our eclectic mix of games (Moving Out, SP!NG, No Way Home, RISK, Thumb Drift, Death Squared, OTTTD, One More Line and One More Dash) showcase how we don't like to rest on our laurels.
We enjoy making unique, mechanically driven titles that are fun for everyone to play.
We'll be running these projects out of the Sydney studio, however we're mostly working from home, so this can be done remotely. Although for this role we will require a min 4hrs crossover on Sydney's timezone 9am-6pm)
- Highly organised.
- Work well as a team.
- Have an eye for quality with the intent on making things better.
- A good listener and can communicate ideas and opinions and explain complex systems in a clear and concise manner.
- A problem solver and strategic thinker.
- Someone who gets stuff done with limited oversight.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and passion for games. Mobile games, console games, even board games.
- Someone who knows how to wrangle a spreadsheet (asset pipeline, production co-ordination, analytics analytics etc) for the forces of good
- Someone who can manage multiple tasks with ease.
- Someone who makes themselves indispensable.
- Humble and level headed with a sense of humour.
- Australian permanent resident. (We will consider those who require a 457/TSS VISA but this requires someone special)
Bonus points for any of the following;
- Prior employment at a large or small game developer or digital production agency.
- Worked on the development & deployment of a console title (Switch, Xbox, Playstation)
- Worked on the development & deployment of a Steam title.
- Experience using Jira or Slack.
- A score of over 100 in One More Line.
- Experience coding, writing, 3D, photography or any creative field.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Creating and managing production schedules across existing titles and prototypes
- Managing daily/weekly WIPs
- Documenting the outcomes of meetings and allocating and enforcing actions on the team.
- Organise and document beta testing rounds both local and remotely.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years (start with 4 weeks. This is fair work law in Australia but sometimes people dont realise)
- 10 days sick/carer's leave (everyone is entitled to this by law but adding here as some countries dont have this which is silly)
- Increased paid primary carer's leave from 12 weeks to 16 weeks
- Superannuation is paid on any unpaid leave (up to 52 weeks)
- Increased paid secondary carer's leave from 2 weeks to 4 weeks
- Learning workshops across a variety of topics (Project Management, Resilience & Stress Management and Time Management)
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- One day a year paid charity volunteer day (One Day for Change)
- Employees can apply for seven short winter/summer days per year
- Free counselling . Employee Assistance Program, 24 hours | 7 days.
- Health insurance discounts from Medibank Private
- Vehicle discounts. Discounts from BMW, Mini, Jaguar, Land Rover.
- Novated lease available for new cars
If you're on top of your game (or would like to be), care about your work, then let's talk.
Diverse, under-represented people encouraged to apply. We're happy to supply feedback on application if you request it.