Note: As of Dec 2018: there is no active role right now. Please add your resume/details here for future consideration.
SMG Studio is looking for a junior / graduate Unity game developer that wants to make awesome games for every platform. You're at the start of your career and keen to show off your potential.
You'll create game prototypes, work as a team on larger projects and help deliver projects to completion.
Our games: Thumb Drift, OTTTD, One More Line, One More Dash, RISK & Death Squared
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile IP as well as original IP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of C# (Unity3D) with strong coding standards
- Understanding of game design principles and player experience
- Experience with GPU programming / shaders (targeting mobile devices)
- Ability to work in a team and develop re-usable commented code
- Experience in SVN and GIT version-control software
- Experience in cross-platform (Android & IOS) development
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling / lighting / UV-mapping / texturing
- Experience with VR, Kinect, Leap Motion = bonus points!
- Experience with car games = Let's talk!
- Able to work in-house in our Sydney studio (we can help with accommodation)
What we're looking for:
- A keen eye for polish, detail and performance
- A passion for focused game design / innovative ideas
- A team-player looking to collaborate and share
- Ambitious use and embrace of new technologies
- A passion for constantly making things better and mastering your craft
If you're starting your career, care about your work, want to work with like minded people then let's talk.
Please send through samples of your work so we can play & videos of gameplay to watch.
Applications without games to play/watch will be ignored.